5.14.2007

TriBeCa Ball

Thursday was the Academy's annual fundraiser gala, the TriBeCa Ball, which involves a lot of fancy celebs and socialites dancing and buying art. This year I was invited along with a couple students to draw from live models as part of the "entertainment." Here's the drawing I did:



..at first it was a little nerve-racking, drawing in front of all the party people with photographers snapping pics left and right, not to mention doing so in a fancy dress and heels (note: making art while in heels: does NOT work for Shauna) - it didn't take long for me to go barefoot, until one of the models was nice enough to lend me her flip flops. but once i got into it, i was so happy to be drawing from a model again and was able to block out the crowds. here are some shots of me in action:



No comments: